View Single Post
e.j. 07:00 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by girlmomma:
Do you all allow for children to be in your care from open to close? There is another daycare in my town that charges after so many hours, of course her foster parents pay it because they don’t want to deal with the foster child. Would you allow DCS to pick up a child from you? Are all foster parents like this??? Ugh I’m so frustrated!
I did have a child in foster care but it worked out fine for me. DCS worker was generally on time when she picked dcg up for visits with her bio family, left quickly and rather than return dcg to me after, she would bring her to the foster mother's mother's home instead. It prevented a lot of coming and going which kept the level of craziness down for all of us. It sounds as though the situation isn't working well for you, though. Rather than continue to feel frustrated, would it make more sense to speak with the foster mom and explain that the arrangement isn't working for you and give her an end date? The end of May will be here before too long but is the frustration worth dealing with for you?