View Single Post
Unregistered 07:12 PM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
What a horrible, hate filled example you are setting. If you could afford late fees (mine are $1/minute), HIRE A NANNY.

Also, what kind of parent leaves their child open- close M-F? I only enroll parents who value time spent with their child. The parent who goes in latest drops off, and the parent who gets out earliest pick up. The average time spent in child care for MY group is 7-8 hours, MAX.

Providers aren't 'holding you hostage', and they certainly aren't rolling in the cash. Find a different provider. MANY do not close for snow days. MANY are open 6-6 for parents like YOU. The center workers you kept late are paid minimum wage. They can barely pay their bills and are doing an exceptional job of caring for YOUR child every single day in your absence. THAT is what you PAY for.

If you value career over 'the look in your CHILD'S eyes' when he/she is the last child picked up and the first dropped off, then maybe you should not have had children.
The situation was unacceptable, but YOU all accept it. I work full time and I did not clock in just next door, so this "7-8 hours" that you speak of was not even a possibility. I does not matter of what I do or do not value more. I expect to pay for a service and get it.

I was told, "Sorry we are not providing services today." So, I made up my hours by bringing him in early the rest of the week *during regular hours*. I paid for a full week of service and I got it--despite the snow days by utilizing the fact that they were open from 6 to 6 *that week*. It is a fair solution.

Now, when they bucked at that solution THAT is when I started being equally inconsiderate of their time.