View Single Post
Unregistered 07:11 AM 01-11-2018
The fact is... each daycare has their own policies. Wether they are a center or in home does not matter. If they want to charge for snow days that's up to them. They do need to put it in their policies wether or not they will charge for any closed days be it vacation, holiday, sick time, snow days ect. The parents need to read the policies before they sign the contract. If it's not in the policies then you shouldn't be charged, however if it is in the policies then you are responsible for paying the fees. Personally it makes me sick to my stomach when parents are more worried about fees they're paying for childcare rather than the safety of their children. If a school is closed because the roads are bad then why shouldn't a daycare be closed??? Oh that's right...because school is free but you pay for daycare, so since you're paying for daycare they should be open even if the roads are dangerous, right? Give me a break!!! If you don't want to pay for snow days find a daycare that doesn't charge for them, plain and simple.