View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:05 AM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I pay for the water I use. If I go on vacation for 2 weeks, my water bill is less. If I water my garden, my bill is more. It would be great if the water bill was a flat fee. Cable is a subscription, just like a magazine. Daycare isn't a subscription.

I do get the rotating thing. I could see paying the weekly rate for a rotating schedule, as long as my spot is available whenever I need it. I was referring to only needing a specific 3 days that are the same all the time. I don't see where I should have to pay for the other 2 days then.
I know the oil change is a flat rate. My point was that you would not like it if that flat rate was based on his hourly rate if you knew it only takes 20 min to do the job. ie. If he charges $60 an hour, you wouldn't want to pay $60 for an oil change when it only takes him 20 min. You would want to pay the $20 that it's worth.
I don't charge parents for the extra days IF they have a set 3 day a week schedule. If they have a rotating schedule and need access to the entire week just to accommodate their 3 days each week, then they have to pay for the whole week. In that situation, paying for the whole week gives them access to the whole week.