View Single Post
Miss A 08:03 PM 07-10-2015
Before choosing to open my own daycare, I worked in a state licensed center. This allowed for me to learn the ins and outs of daycare, and to also get a feel for how a daycare best runs smoothly. While in the process of setting up my home childcare, I have talked to many home providers in my area, both registered and non-registered. I am finding that in my area parents are paying a flat rate for an entire week, should they choose for their child to attend or not. I am also finding that many providers choose to have paid holidays, as well as a short paid vacation.

I am choosing to build in 3 paid vacation days, all in a row. I have stated this in my contract, and I have had no issue with parents accepting this policy. It is my belief that Quality Childcare is not cheap, and that you get what you pay for. If you don't mind having a daycare provider that is frazzled, stressed out, over whelmed, and burnt out, then that is your choice. I choose to build these 3 paid vacation days into my schedule so that I am able to provide the best possible care to the children in my daycare.

It comes down to what each family chooses. A daycare provider should never change their contract to appease families and sacrifice themselves. If you are providing quality care, you will be able to fill those spots with families who are more understanding and are willing to accept your policies.