View Single Post
singasong 05:22 AM 09-24-2016
Hi All,

I recently went through a move and had called in a daycare about a month back looking for spots for my toddler. My spouse personally visited the facility and collected the enrollment packet. We did let them know that our daughter has some allergies (Cows milk, eggs, strawberries, pineapple) and pollen.
We were told a spot is available and we went ahead and enrolled her and started paying for her spot two week before she was to actually start.
When we visited the daycare again a day before she was to start (We moved almost half way across the country and could not visit earlier), we were told that they cannot have our daughter because she has cows milk allergy (because it is served all day, everyday). This was not the case at any of the previous daycares she attended and we were required to submit a note from the doctors office stating that they do not serve her food listed on the doctors note.
This daycare, however, is also requesting a signed consent from the doctors office saying that :
The doctor is aware of her allergies and is also aware that daycare is a group child care with a ratio of 5 toddlers to 1 teacher. That the doctor is aware the child may ingest some of the allergens and still continue to be safe! And that he is aware there will be no one on one care for my daughter especially during meal times.

I found this absurd and feel they are planning on covering up any negligence on their part and there is no doctor who would possibly sign this note! Please help! I can answer any other questions you may have for me.