View Single Post
Annalee 10:07 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Same here (as far a job types and hours etc) but it's amazing how quickly a daycare family can get assistance from a friend or family member if it means they save money.

I had a family that used services from open to close. Parents struggled with listing a back up person for alternate care if needed... said they literally knew no one in town and had no family or other relatives near by.

I changed my rate structure. The new rate scale made it so they would be paying an additional $50 per week.

Suddenly mom had neighbors and friends coming out of the woodwork wanting to help out and pick up the child earlier than mom or dad were able.

I don't spend a single second worrying about job hours, availability of family, friends or neighbors when I set my rates. I worry only about being compensated for the later pick ups and it's truly enlightening to see that family's that couldn't manage previously manage great now!

Add money into the situation and parents suddenly "think" differently.
When a client truly wants your services, they will do what it takes to make it work!