View Single Post
Cat Herder 05:09 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm not expecting them to do what I do. That simply isn't plausible. I'm just looking for advice to make this work.
You will have to do the work of allowing your child to learn to self soothe. Place him on his back, in a crib, with no toys or blankets when he looks tired. Allow him to cry if he needs to.

You may comfort him without picking him up, then walk away. Each time taking longer and longer before you comfort him until he learns to comfort himself. Graduated extinction. At 12 months he should be transitioning to a nap mat, but most will give you a little leeway there until closer to 2.

The number of times you pick him up and give in is the number of times he will have to CIO in daycare while they tend to other kids. If that number is too high and he is disrupting the other children's sleep, he may no longer have daycare.

We can't allow one child to continually disrupt other children because he never learned to self-soothe at home. That is a parental responsibility. We have to terminate the contract for the good of the group.