View Single Post
e.j. 11:13 AM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
If you want your child to still be enrolled and for them to stay in business, they will need to be paid. It isn't their fault and they will be struggling the same as everyone else.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Okay, what about all the other closures - i.e. extracurricular activities? I guess I’ll still pay all those businesses also?
I think it comes down to ability to pay and priorities. If you can afford to pay to hold your child's spot in the preschool/day care, I would do it. They will most likely need parents to continue paying tuition in order to pay their bills, retain their staff and reopen when the time comes. If you can't afford to pay because your own income has been affected or you don't mind searching for another preschool/day care, then take the risk and don't pay. Just be prepared to have to look for a new child care if they've had to fill your child's spot or have gone out of business.

Same goes for extracurricular activities. If they are a priority to you and you want them to be available once the Coronavirus issue has passed, pay to keep them in business. Personally, if it came down to making a choice and I liked and appreciated my child's preschool/day care, I'd continue to pay to hold the spot for as long as I could afford to pay.