View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 02:38 PM 09-22-2009
I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter's death. I can't imagine what you must be feeling or going through. I wish I had some help as far as CA laws to give you but I don't.

However, I can tell you, as a licensed family daycare provider in Minnesota, we're not instructed at all about what to do after a baby dies in our care. As far as sleeping arrangements for infants, daycare providers are required to check their cribs and playpens monthly for safety issues and recalls. From what I read in MN Statute 9502.0245 Subp. 9 I find nothing about bedding and blankets being in the crib with the infant. In my home the infant is laid on his back in the crib, then covered with a light blanket, one that has been brought from his home, only because he prefers that blanket.

I can see both sides of the coin in this case. I can understand the thought of germs and wanting to decontaminate as quickly as possible to help prevent the spread of something potentially deadly. At the same time I can also understand that she could have started calling and informing parents they need to come get their children. Not knowing her and the circumstances involved, to me, my first reaction reading this was the woman must have been in shock. People do strange and unexpected things when they're in shock.