View Single Post
snbauser 10:23 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This just in, from our Smart Start Rep. New in effect Schools no longer can create or choose their own curriculum, it is now MANDATORY you use the "approved" curriculum that the state offers, oh and if you were already using the "approved curriculum" as a quality point, you lose it and now have to find another way to get that point! So, thank you North Carolina for sucking the life out of individual businesses and the only way a daycare can prove they are different from all the others. So if we have to use the same curriculum why do we need the stars? It seems that now the programs will all be the same am I right? Oh, and so I guess we will be passing any new expenses on to our "private paying" parents, yes that will stimulate the economy, great job!
Get something in writing. Smart Start does not oversee licensing requirements. I am in NC too and have not seen or heard anything about this. The only thing I have heard is if you are an NCPK classroom then you have to use Creative Curriculum. Smart Start does oversee NCPK and would have the authority to say which curriculum because NCPK is a state run program and they need to make sure the standards are the same regardless of where a child attends NCPK.