View Single Post
misol 10:46 AM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I would let her know that effective May 1 you are discontinuing her salaried position. That you will be going to hourly wages for her and any future employees. I would offer her whatever per hour her salary would come out to if she worked a full week. That way she cant say you are cutting her pay. This way if she misses, you arent still paying her. You are also not offering the benefit of free childcare to employees anymore, a 20% discount on full time preschoolers and a 10% discount on schoolagers. That you took a long hard look at finances and this is the best outcome for your business. You wanted to let her know far enough in advance to find care for her kids if she didnt want to pay for them at your facility , also to give her the opportunity to find other employment if needed. Let her know you value her as an employee and hope she continues to work for you. But if she needs to leave, you understand.
I think this would put the ball in her court as to if she was going to quit or not.
All very good suggestions but I like this one best!