View Single Post
TaylorTots 12:22 PM 07-23-2014
I agree with Tom.

Here is my policy from my handbook (I only take infants if they are siblings of current enrolled).

"HOLDING AN INFANT SIBLING SPOT

If there is a spot offered to you during pregnancy for an infant sibling of a child already enrolled, you are required to pay a weekly fee equal to half the tuition rate to hold this spot for the sibling. If you wish to hold a position, you will need to pay the non-refundable weekly fees beginning at the time of the baby’s birth. This fee holds the infant sibling’s spot for up to 12 weeks after birth. After those 12 weeks, regardless of the infant's enrollment, regular full rate childcare weekly fees will be due to continue to hold/keep the spot. If the non-refundable weekly holding fee is not paid at any time, the spot will no longer be held for the infant sibling. The provider accepts infants at a minimum age of 8 weeks of age.

Any siblings enrolled will be expected to continue enrollment during any maternity leave. Full childcare fees are required for any enrolled siblings during maternity leave, regardless of attendance. There is no half rate benefit during this time for any enrolled siblings. If full fees are not paid as normal, the child’s spot will be terminated and the family will be responsible for the final two week termination payment. "

I never once use the term "deposit" as it has created such confusion here