View Single Post
judytrickett 10:48 AM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
yep, in the summer when my kids are out of school, they nap. By naptime they are exhausted. They dont nap as long as the little ones, but they do nap. Our schedule is so full during the summer that they need a break in the day,.. to be honest, my teens still do it sometimes. In our house it is very quiet and dark at naptime, you can either nap or read. We only have one computer so that is a limited activity. We dont playoutside at nap because I dont like the doors slamming at nap. Our day starts between 4 and 5 am,... by 5:15 am everyone is up, lights on, its a busy house. So by noon they are ready. Through school they have a early bedtime but in the summer they are up until 11-12. Since I work 13-15 hours a day we have family time in the evenings. Its nothing for us to be out swimming at 10 pm. Ive done it since my kids were born and it works for us. The sleep in the day helps keep them happy. If clients dont agree with my schedule they dont enroll.

ITA Laundyduchess!!!!

My OWN kids are 6 yrs and 9 yrs old and we homeschool so they are here all day. They nap too in the afternoon. Most kids are overtired and sleep deprived, IMO.