View Single Post
Faith is a gift too 02:48 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It already has. There are more people in this country that don't work than there are that do. (NOT referring to those that aren't old enough, are too old and those physically and/or mentallyunable). So WHO is instilling this work ethic into society?

My children already have to work long hours. They have to pay for their college educations as well as pay taxes so that the millions of people now that don't choose to work can continue living comfortably.

You can do that now. I choose to have less children in my care than I could and choose to have shorter hours than I used to. I do this by giving up certain ammenities. I don't have a brand new car, a 2500 sq ft house or take trips multiple times per year. I choose to earn the amount of income I need to live the life I choose to live.

Everyone has choices. So again, while universal income might be a good idea in theory, it isn't feasible in real life.
No argument to whether we can do these things now. What I was addressing is if we had the extra there are ways to deal with it so that we don't have tax consequences later. That's what I was addressing.

I think any move towards Universal income would require that we roll back our failed social programs.

I agree, as it right now it doesn't seem like any of it is working very well, people are getting their nails done and not feeding their kids. I don't want a pay for people making bad decisions and using our failed programs as a cushion.