View Single Post
JJPlaycare 06:45 AM 08-26-2010
I have found out that a rotation of toys works best here! I usually only have about 5 or so "toy" things out here to do at a time!! Like currently we have, match box cars with a track and rug to drive on, dolls and all the accessories (crib, bottles, clothes, blankets etc), little people and all the houses and vehicles and such and a tool set out here!! I find that the lesser things you have out and available the better they play!! I use to have it all out here all available at any given time, they didn't play with things as long and the mess always got overwhelming! Now during naptime I circulate toys in and out about once a month or whenever I see them getting bored with what is available!
I always keep our art stuff available, they can color/draw whenever they would like, but the toy stuff rotates in and out and it is like Christmas in here about once a month, the kids love it and no one ever gets overwhelmed and they play much nicer and for longer periods of time when there isn't so much to cluster their minds when chosing what to play with and the mess is much more tolerable!!