View Single Post
craftymissbeth 07:31 AM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I feel kind of attacked, you know? Like we're just using any excuse to make parents miss work. And asking for a major overhaul of the childcare system? I agree that it's a common sense thing...but I am also not a doctor. I do not claim to know for 100% sure that something is not contagious or that it's "just" a little virus.
This. I have NO medical training! I am NOT going to make a decision about what illness a child has. I do not diagnose! Hence the reason they're sent to the doctor.

Also, the examples that the writer included about the daycare requiring eye drops or the daycare requiring medicine for the fever to go down... I will never, ever, ever require a child's doctor to do or prescribe anything. That's something that's between the doctor and their patient and I have no business telling a parent that their child requires medication before coming back. In fact, I don't require them to even take them to the doctor.

My policy simply states that if their child has any of the listed symptoms then they have to be excluded.