View Single Post
daycarediva 09:38 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
No. You are NOT a jerk.

I've been a provider for over 20+ years and life happens.
Sometimes those situations cause us to feel badly and/or super emotional but truth be told, EVERYONE, including your provider needs to do what she needs to do.

She may love your child a ton but that doesn't change the facts of the situation. She is unavailable to provide care.
You need care. Love and attachment play no role in what each of your needs are.

Like I said, life happens but the world doesn't stop when life gives us a curveball and expecting others to act a certain way based on emotions isn't realistic in my honest opinion.

Hence the reason I am open and available for care for my DCF's today despite having been in the hospital with my husband since yesterday morning. And although my daycare parents love and care about my husband they need to work and mine/my DH's situation isn't their situation.

If I were you, I'd make sure my provider knew how much she is loved and appreciated but you need to do what you need to do and that goodbye isn't forever...you can keep her as a back up still but once your DD adjusts to the new center, it would be cruel to move her yer again.

Her feelings (your DD's) need to be considered too!
yep.

As a home provider, this is part of the unexpected, being self employed. I also have a FT assistant AND will soon have two substitutes so that IF(when?) I need time off, I can take it without affecting families/my business.