Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
storybookending 11:40 AM 04-27-2018
Tuesday night everyone is gone except one family. The 3 year old was going to the bathroom. She does this independently and has for over a year. I go in to do something.. I cannot remember what and I notice the water in the toilet is yellow. I figure she forgot to flush but also thought it was weird that there was no toilet paper in the toilet. I flush it and it comes back up even more yellow. This was only in the bathroom not the kitchen, we checked. Idk anything about plumbing so I call my dad and go about my plans for the night and head over to my brother and SIL’s house for dinner. While there I get a text from my neighbor and he is having the same issue. Literal hours go by and it’s now 9PM. I go home, the water is now a deeper yellow and not only in the bathroom but now the kitchen, it has a slight odor. Local police department posts on Facebook that the cause of the is due to a water main break and to not drink or cook with the water. Seeing this I run to Walmart at 9:30PM and grab a couple gallons of water for the next day in case it isn’t cleared up. An hour or so later there is a post that the utility company says the water is safe to drink and the yellow color is due to high iron content. The Facebook mob of people came out in full force saying high iron in water can mess with certain medications and cause problems urinating and HOW DARE YOU TELL PEOPLE THEY CAN DRINK IT. Things got heated. I just read along as I’m not a social media poster in the slightest and I also know zero facts about what is being discussed. I woke up in the morning and the water was fine. Now it’s 3 days later and I go to wash my hands and bam! Yellow water is back! Guess who will now always have a couple back up gallons of water on back up? This girl. Oh also I have been washing clothes all morning and I’m sure they smell