View Single Post
Annalee 10:00 AM 01-27-2021
This thread makes me 'really' stand back and think about life, in general. My cousin that just passed in a car accident July 2020 at age 36 had a wife and five children (ages 8 months to age 9).....he was the bread winner but he was also the decision maker....she is lost...he was poor with finances but had finally gotten a stable job and seemed to be climbing the ladder quickly. He chose not to immunize the kids so now she can't send the kids to public school. So her life is forever changed and the consequences thereof. She has a house that is half-finished. She had just as much choice as he did to have 5 children and they are/were wonderful caring parents...but I see how our, including mine, decisions each moment really can have future consequences. Sure, she is getting a large settlement from the wreck as it was a large company owned vehicle that hit him killing him instantly....but she would give all that money back to have him back. She is a STRONG christian individual and has an even stronger support system but looking back I'm sure there are decisions she would have been more involved in instead of allowing him to make such large decisions without any input from those around him. There was no doubt he had love for EVERYONE; he was that kind of guy, but the choices he made will forever affect his family. I can see his smiling face now as I type this as he was always smiling and hugging someone, especially his kids. Just so much that can happen and we can't plan for everything, but I sure see a sad young lady a couple times a week....I do offer a hug but that's really all to offer till she gets her grounding back. Just a ramble.