View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:05 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:

Arent those his kids, and aren't you his wife? It's BOTH your responsibilities to pay for that health insurance. And you have a job that doesnt have insurance, but it contributes MONEY to the household bills, .... The way I see it, you are BOTH paying ... Part of having kids is being responsible enough to provide for their needs... What does your daycare income pay for?
Yep, when my DH tried to get smart with me about how "little" I contributed to the household financially and how DC doesn't make us that much money I handed him two pieces of paper. One was quotes for what it would cost me to put 2 kids in DC and how much money I saved us by starting DC and watching my own kids. The other was a bill for half of our kids daycare based on my weekly fees that he didn't incorporate into what I contribute to the household's finances.

In my case you're talking about more than $16,000 a year that we're saving in DC for 2 kids. It really opened his eyes as he had never thought about it in that light.