Thread: Snacks
View Single Post
Unregistered 04:11 PM 04-24-2016
Don't feel bad. Basic is fine. I just have an obsession with lots of variety. It's kind of my hobby to find new recipes.

I just chop up various fruits for the fruit salsa. Then you take soft tortillas, lightly butter, I spread a very fine amount of maple syrup, but the recipe calls for sprinkled sugar, so that fine too. Take a pizza cutter and cut into triangles. Lightly bake. Use to scoop fruit!

My smoothies always start with frozen banana chunks. This makes the smoothie thick like soft serve ice cream almost! Then I throw in other frozen fruit (or fresh), yogurt and milk.

I just tried to cut and paste my pumpkin cookie recipe but I couldn't do it from my iPad.

The extra special trail mix is on a PC that's not hooked up right now. I'll type that up, as it's not too long.
3 cups Cherios (I use organic O's)
2 cups Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal ( or your choice of other)
1 cups pretzel sticks
1/2 c creamy p. Nut butter
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup craisins
1/2 cup ch. chips
You can add other things if you want
Heat p nut butter and butter to boiling., stirring often, pour over cereal mix. Toss, spread on ungraded cookie sheet. Bake 10 min. I don't have the temp. Let cool. Add ch chips, raisins, Usually I just pour over and stir, and let cool. I don't bake it.

Here's an easy one....Apple biscuit bake. 1 triangle of a crescent roll, 1 apple slice, a little sugar and cinnamon. (I use a tiny bit of maple syrup instead. I also use immaculate brand which at least isn't loaded with artificial stuff...but it's spendy)
Roll up and bake at 350 for maybe 5-7 min. I just watch them close!