View Single Post
QualiTcare 04:44 AM 12-09-2010
it sounds like what goes on at a big, chain daycare i worked for before. profit driven (only) - maximum amount of kids with the minimum amount of teachers - ALWAYS!

8 two year olds and 2 adults? can't have that! check their temperatures...let's send one home sick and get that other teacher off the clock.

i would never, ever in a million years work in that type of environment again. i only did it bc i was working on my EC degree at the time and wanted to have as much experience with kids as i could for my resume.

nannyde, teaching is nowhere near the same as daycare though. not even close. in a daycare/preschool environment you typically have to do EVERYTHING - help kids potty, clean up accidents, set up for lunch, clean up from lunch, etc, etc, etc. if you're teaching, the kids go to the cafeteria and come back when they're finished. if they have an accident, they go to the nurse. if they puke, you call the janitor. so, you can actually spend your time teaching and if you have good classroom management skills...it's really not bad at all!