Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
amberrose3dg 05:35 AM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I close on Dec. 21 and don't reopen till Jan 4 so my clients have to pay for two weeks on Thursday this week. All but one paid yesterday when they paid for this week. I sent a text out Friday and made them respond they got the text and all responded. THe "conveniently forgetting" used to work for me but not after 25 years. I have heard and seen so much from clients. The one that didn't pay yet didn't come yesterday and I they will make me "ask" for the extra two weeks pay.....happens every vacation. I guess they think I will forget at some point and they will squeeze by but NOPE. The key to longevity in this business is taking care of myself. And I had this lecture with a new child care provider yesterday and she is taking her first ever vacation. I was so excited for her as she got paid from all yesterday....they threatened to leave if she charged them but she stood her ground and they all paid. Made me feels so happy for her because this is a huge hurdle for her.
That is what makes this job difficult. I had a parent this morning who is ALWAYS late reminded her she needs to pay for this week and next before Friday. She just looked at me with a blank stare. So you think this week and next is free. I think not, ugh!!