View Single Post
e.j. 09:56 AM 12-28-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Everyone who is on the same schedule goes in one room. For me that is everyone over 12 months and my 8 month old still has a separate room. It was easier for me to do the older kids first then add the younger ones or hard to get down. I've also found (with my current group) that they'll largely ignore the 14 month old that fusses her way to sleep.

I used to worry and over think putting everyone together, but once I did it I was pleasantly surprised.
I do it much the same way. My babies sleep in a port-a-crib in the living room until they're old enough to move to a cot in the day care room. The younger kids know they can't move to the day care room until they are "big kids" so it's a big deal when they finally get their own cot and are allowed to join the other kids. They take their cues from the big kids and will usually settle right down and go to sleep with little trouble. If they're too disruptive, they're moved back into the living room for a week or two more. It usually only takes that once and they're ready to go.