Thread: Petty Questions
View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:05 AM 01-03-2018
As I was sitting down checking receipts, I was seeing things that I've never deducted before. Postage, for instance. Some of it was strictly for dc, some to former dcfs, can I deduct all those and what would they be listed under? I still pay for household expenses by mail, can I use the T/S formula? (I know, petty) And not sure if it's even worth my time.

Amazon Prime, I use mainly to order dc items, probably more like 75% than my time/space formula I use for all other mixed areas. Can I use 75%?

I'm still confused about the car or mileage area. Most miles I drive are dc and personally related(gift/party/materials shopping or grocery store). Do I use the T/S there too? Would it be more beneficial to depreciate my car that I purchased/paid cash for in July, as well as the expenses since then plus the expenses to my older car before that? I paid around 13K in July for my car. Should I collect all my receipts on both vehicles and bring them to my tax preparer and see which is best?

If I paid for something with gift cards and the final cost out of my pocket was $100, but the original cost was $400, which figure would I focus on?

Thanks Tom!! I'm sure I'll think of more petty questions before April.