View Single Post
bunches 05:03 AM 02-01-2011
My son is 17 months old, he started going to a daycare facility 2 weeks ago. He had always been home with the granparents. It was very stressful for him being in a daycare. I can see him in a video from work and I see that the teacher does not hold him at all. On the third day I called and explained that being new in the environment, he needs a little bit of comfort and understanding. That day, he was held a lot because I complained. But after that day, teacher was back to her old ways - paying no attention to my son who kept following him begging for attention.

Is it too much to ask to give him some embrace now and then since he needs to feel safe in this new environment? What breaks my heart is when I see the teacher cuddling another child (who happens to be his favorite) while my son is watching wondering when his turn will be - which never came. After cuddling the other boy, the teacher ignores my child. It broke my heart when I saw my child carrying a book running after the teacher because he wants to be read a book - the teacher ignoring him.

I do not want to complain again since that will just make the teacher resentful. I am tempted to just look for another daycare. Is this wise considering it will be another adjustment for my son? But then again, he will be in the company of a teacher who does not care about him for a long time.