Thread: Out Door Time
View Single Post
DCBlessings27 07:37 AM 07-19-2012
I called licensing in Indiana because I was confused about the information on their website and since OP said she couldn't find any information on ages. As far as I can tell, Brookero is within legal limits. The lady on the phone said that I could (hypothetically) watch 5 infants (in Indiana legally exempt means that you can watch less than 6 unrelated kids), have 2 infants of my own and watch 3 infants of my cousin's and still be in compliance. *I called them because I'm interested in how other states do child care licensing. We can't even watch children in KS without being licensed, and our own children count against us until age 12.

When I had infants in care, I only had my daughter and took her outside and held her. I did take on an older infant (8months) while dd was young. I would place the older infant in an exersaucer outside while the kids played. I've heard of providers taking pack n plays outside too for infants to be in while the older children are playing. Or, they have an outside gate thing and lay infants on a blanket while the older children play.

Another provider said that she lets the infant sleep in a carrier, but I couldn't do that here due to Safe Sleep policies.