View Single Post
daycarediva 10:24 AM 11-25-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Only you know whether you should stay or go. Here's what I can say about this:

10 children and your 14 month old was one of the oldest at her last in-home? That is atrocious! It's WAY too many babies for one person to handle. If you are considering going back to an in-home care (which I would recommend), then find one that is registered or licensed-this ensures that they are inspected and most likely will have an appropriate number of kids.

At 14-months, it's definitely time to give up the bottle-that shouldn't be an issue. The nap mat? My state recommends that kids go on cots or mats at 12 months-that COULD be a state requirement where you live. If your 14-month old is ABLE to sit at a table and eat with a spoon, then this is perfectly appropriate-there's no reason to hand feed a child who doesn't need to be and if she is ABLE to sit on a chair at a table, then she should. Cereal is perfectly appropriate for a 14 month old, barring developmental issues.

The fact that the center appears dirty is an issue. The fact that they don't seem to be providing diaper changes/nose wiping when needed is an issue.

As far as the daily sheets? I'm sure it's not negligence, but dishonestly-they're probably claiming your daughter ate breakfast so that they can be reimbursed by the food program for her meal.

If you're not comfortable with the center, then find a different situation-a better center or a different in-home. I would NOT go back to the old in-home if your child was one of the oldest-that situation is just not good, IMO.
I agree with this.

If you want in home style care, you're going to have to stay with an in home provider. I have families that have moved and continue to make the drive to me, out of their way each day, to keep their child in my care.

My biggest concern with your post was the ages and numbers of the children if you do go back to in home care. 10 children under age 14 months? That's never going to be accepted in any state.