View Single Post
MyAngels 07:13 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
It is a great way to see how we had to manage with ever changing information that was available. I have been writing more on FB regarding what I believe needs to be done to get back to normal. Here is one post I wrote a week ago:

Here’s my take on the current COVID-19 situation. Self-Isolation has a short shelf-life. Almost everyone on the planet has had influenza, likewise, everyone will contract this virus over time. At some point humanity attains Herd Immunity. Some of us may already have had this virus and are immune to it. We need to test America for COVID-19 and those that are shown to be immune, need to get back into their normal rhythm of life.

1. Mass testing to identify the infected and the immune
2. Management of the virus with drugs
3. Develop a vaccine
4. Get back to normal life

This is what I envision the government doing to expedite an exit strategy from our current immobilization. The first phase would be mass testing to identify those who are infected with COVID-19. Then approving an array of drugs like hydroxychloraquine and azithromycin to manage the virus which would reduce the number of those needing ICU hospitalization and ventilation from pneumonia. Next-mass testing to determine who is immune. Those deemed healthy would be allowed to go back to work and be released from quarantine restrictions. Lastly, the approval of a vaccine to further immunize the rest of the population and end this national emergency.
This is pretty much what I've been thinking all along. We can't just shut down huge parts of our economy forever. We need to focus more on testing and isolating those that have the virus and let everyone else get back into the business of life.

I am imagining that when they lift all the restrictions we're going to have another big jump in infections because those people who are "carriers" with no signs of the virus are going to be out mixing again with those who are vulnerable to it, and boom, we're right back where we started.

I hope they've got all the really smart people working day and night on a vaccine, treatment and testing.