View Single Post
Daycare Mommy 03:37 AM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This turned out very entertaining! Not exactly the direction I was leaning toward, but almost funny when you sit back and just read.

Way back in response to my questions about shoes at outdoor play, screaming, and nap time bullying, you mentioned that if a child won't go somewhere on their own, you'd physically bring them. Sounds simple enough...except some of them are too big for me to physically move. They won't allow me to take them by the hand and direct them (they stick in their heels and pull the opposite direction. If I pick them up, I get kicked in the shins or pinched, and then they're too heavy and having such a fit, that I never make it all the way to the other room while holding them. Even if I do make it to the other room, they immediately RUN back to the room they were in originally and refuse to go back. So when you cannot physically make them because even if you do, they still jump back up and run away, what do you ( or anyone else...all ideas helpful!) suggest in that case?
Wrestling matches with a 5 yr old are NOT pleasant. If I move them back each and every time they get up, they keep it up continually and each time they fight harder and more physically toward us. Because the child fought it tooth and nail each and every time, I ended up leaving a red mark on one child's wrist after taking them by the hand and physically moving them back where they were supposed to be so many times. So I DON'T want that to happen again. The red mark I mean.

Oh, and someone asked what state I'm in. It's Indiana.
Wow. Are they all like that? Did you tell the parents? Honestly if there was an older child misbehaving THAT much that I couldn't do anything with him without harming him in the process, I'd call the parents. If they couldn't straighten him out over the phone, then I'd tell them they have to pick up and seriously consider terming him. I'm really sorry you're going through this. Hopefully some of the other ladies will have some other ideas? GL!