View Single Post
Luvnmykidz 09:51 AM 09-12-2013
http://sensorysmarts.com/sensory_diet_activities.html This is a link to some info on sensory diet activities and more info about it as well. I was trying to upload a few pics of the things I have here that are geared towards sensory but my camera and computer are not cooperating with each other at the moment. sorry. That is really good that you have a ton of forms to fill out honestly. When my daughter had some of her assessments done I found myself feeling overwhelmed because the paperwork did not ask for a lot of background info/ concerns. All was well though. Hopefully this link will give you some ideas to try and help until you can get a definitive answer( not saying its sensory issues). I only have my experiences to go on, but please let me know if you need more info or have any questions, and if possible look into a sleep study, at this point I don't think it would hurt just to see if shes really sleeping well.
Forgot to add.. The sensory diet for my dd started out with therapeutic brushing (deep massage with a surgical type brush), ( definitely recommend being trained, as every childs response is different). She received some type of sensory input at least every 2 hrs or so for 15-30 minutes. The length of time really depended on her reactions to the input and her mood She played in a sensory bin sorting puzzles or naming letters, did a lot of crashing on tons of pillows soft things on the floor, jumped on a trampoline, played on a balance board, crawled through a tunnel, swinging, running, carried a backpack with toys for an imaginary walk (not too heavy, walked through our house to wherever she imagined us to go) finger painted on sandpaper, weighted lap pad or blanket while coloring, reading or doing a craft that may have required sitting, and this list goes on. HTH