View Single Post
Lucy 02:39 PM 12-27-2010
I get paid a set monthly rate (they can pay in 1, 2, 3 or 4 installments if they like, but it all amounts to one monthly amount). All my holidays, appointments and vacation days are PAID. No deductions for the kid not being here or leaving early, and no deductions for me being gone.

That being said, I ONLY take 5 full days a year for vacation days (usually Fridays before a 3-day weekend, but about every 3rd year Hubby and I go on a week's vacation). Occasionally I will take a half day so we can leave at a decent time when we drive 6 hours to visit family. Almost NEVER do I take time for appointments. I make all my medical appointments at 6pm or later, or on weekends. That's my trade off for having a set monthly rate with no deductions for any reason. I don't have to worry about the b.s. of "they're staying home with Grandma today", or "I took the day off and will keep them home with me today", etc. etc. Go ahead and do that, but you still pay for it. However, I feel an obligation to be there just as often as I can. Easier on the budgeting, but not as much fun for me!