View Single Post
Play Care 05:26 AM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
There are so many factors that could be at play here to NEED an additional bottle at daycare. I would ask that they give 4oz instead of 6 at a time, possibly lower the nipple to a slower flow so baby has to work harder.

How is baby doing at daycare? Sleeping ok? Crying?

As pp said it could be a comfort thing.

Bottles also go faster than BFing. Does/will baby take a paci for more sucking and some paci/snuggles for comfort instead of a bottle?

Could baby be going through a growth spurt?

As far as supply, rent a hospital grade pump, add in another pumping session, or increase the times on your current pumping (dry pump). There are also herbal remedies proven to increase

I also want to speak to the common misconception that dc providers are somehow misinterpreting babies signals and over feeding them. My two breast fed babies would start SCREAMING about and hour and a half or so after their last feed. Not fussing, or whimpering, SCREAMING. Holding them close, taking walks, pacifiers, heck - swings, bouncer seats, etc were all used to try to comfort and soothe. Meanwhile the other kids kind of hung out while I tried to stretch out babies feeding. They wanted mom and her boob, period. Sorry, but they did.

One of the reasons I *despise* our ridiculous leave policy in the US is because I believe infants under a year belong HOME with mom being nursed on demand.
It is almost impossible to replicate that nursing relationship in a day care setting.

I like nannyde's "jug o milk" and I may just do that in the future to reduce waste. But if baby is SCREAMING and a small bottle is the only thing that makes them content, I'm going to feed the baby.