View Single Post
Play Care 05:16 PM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Emphasis on SMALL bottle. I 100% agree and this can easily be solved with your method of a small bottle .It's not easy, that is for sure. But breastfeeding moms and babies need a little more work than a formula fed baby.
I agree, but the work should not be all on the dc providers. Mom has to problem solve too. Maybe it means more bottles with less in them or a smaller nipple, etc. I've heard the "day care providers need to learn how to soothe a baby without feeding them!" line one too many times to be comfortable. It smacks of the "we pay THEM, so they work for US!" mentality that I find offensive.

After my last two breast fed babies I swore off infant care. I DO think breast fed babies are a lot more work - and often the finger pointing that goes with it (you're feeding too much! You're wasting "liquid gold!" You have to find other ways to comfort baby! He takes a bottle for everyone else! etc etc etc) just adds to an already stressful situation.

FWIW, I think breast feeding is WONDERFUL and should be encouraged. I do think there are real benefits to it - I did it for my kids.