View Single Post
sierrastreasures 05:14 PM 10-19-2010
Help me, I have a pit in my stomach and absolutely going from fumming mad to tears over one of my dc parents. Today my dcm gave me a two week notice and then left poop on the floor.

Things have esculated to the point that the dcm and I are somewhat cordial to one another but both of us can not stand to be in the same room, it's become that bad.

Monday I wrote a 2 week termination letter outlining my reasons for not continuing. Don't laugh but it turned out to be 3 pages long.

One of the major beefs she and I have is that the dcb who is 4 continues to soil his pant even though I send him to the bathroom ever 2 hours. Dcm continues to blame me for him not pooping and then going outside in her yard when he arrives home at night or going in the corner of his bedroom. He will not go poop here but if he does, he does not tell me even though all my dc children have bathroom breaks every two hours. Appearently he poops in his pants even if he is in the bathroom.

Today she shows up after 20 after lunch when she clearly told me she would be there on time. I waited to feed the children but she did not show up nor call saying she was running later than expected. Appearently her son had a blow out in his diaper at preschool.

Mornings between 9 and 9:30 telling me I need to feed her son because she is running late and had to change his poopy diaper. I've been putting up with her arriving 10 to 20 minutes late each night until I finally inplimented the late fee with a letter outlining the contract rules.

Anyway she shows up stating the reason why she is late is because her son had a "blow out" in his diaper. Yes she still puts him in diapers at 4. I had no idea he had diarreah so after his lunch the children carried on as normal. When she showed up tonight she seemed concerned that he may have had another "blow-out" and of couse he did. She took him inside to change him while I stayed outside with the other children. She then handed me a termination letter. I was relieved that she chose to end the childcare and I did not have to hand her my 3 page termaination letter.

I went back inside after all the children had left to see she had left poop on my floor where she changed her child and the smell was enough to knock me over literaly. It was really soooo discusting.

Tonight I called to let them know that since their son has diarreah he would not be able to come to daycare until he was symptom free for 24 hours. The father got livid with me and said he did not have diarreah and I was playing games with them becuase they gave me a termination letter. I told him I did not want to expose my other dc children with their sons sickness nor did I want to get sick myself. He said his son just holds his poop and that is why it was runny. GROSSSSSS!!!

In their termination letter they have made demands stating:

1. Since I work with hooked on phonics they would like a progress report upon their son's last day. I offer Hooked On Phonics because it's something I love to do.

2. They also want an account of all monies paid to me for his care for the beginning of this year.

3. My full name, tax ID# for their 2010 tax records

4 A copy of the health care inventory form packet that they submitted at the initiation of the contract.

5. Forms to complete and signed to dis-enroll their son from any program that I have signed him up for. I am only participating in the food program.

6. And finally a signed form to dis-enroll their son as a participant in the Food program. We have no such thing and the form I submit only goes to Social Services NOT them.

I'm in Maryland, I have no idea what I am expected to hand back to them according to daycare regulations. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can give me. I feel like I've been beat up emotionally by these two parents. I have altered my whole schedule for them becaseu they have been so demanding and I had no backbone from the beginning.

Now if you excuse me while I clean poop off my floor and then sanitise my childcare before I go to bed tonight.