View Single Post
Unregistered 10:08 AM 09-21-2016
1. You have bills just like your parents do and it appears as if she's also getting a discount. I would implement the no pay no stay rule because no matter how much you love children you're doing this to make money just like how mom is doing her job to make money. 2. Get rid of the sibling discount because you're the one taking a loss in income. 3. Set your hours based on how many hours you think you can work without losing your sanity. 4. I clean up throughout the day. Most of my kitchen is cleaned during lunch time so when I lay everyone down for nap all I have to do is clean high chairs and sweep what ever food up around the high chair. Even if the little ones are fussy I still make sure all of the dishes are washed prior to me letting everyone out of there chairs to go start cleaning them up and changing diapers. I'm sorry but I need nap time to take a breather and get myself in the right frame of mind for the second part of the day. I also make sure everything is clean before everyone leaves for the day.5. I charge when I'm sick and when my dck's are out sick. Because like someone said I need to have reliable income in order to be a reliable daycare provider. 6. This to me is the most important of all. When I'm off I'm off. With the exception of grocery shopping on the weekends I don't think about daycare. I even started scheduling all of my interviews during daycare hours. I've only been open a little over a year and one of the reasons I opened was so I can spend as much time with my kids as possible but I was always too tired or stressed out to do that very thing. My family was the ones suffering. I refuse to neglect my own kids because I'm stressed out worrying about this daycare. I hope this helps and good luck.