Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
jokalima 03:55 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
It does affect people more then you think. Look at this poll. It was asked what we thought. When people that said they didn't believe in it and why, they are called hater/disgusting/hiders behind their BIBLES/etc. We were asked something, we gave our thoughts, but it didn't go with the mainstream flow so we are wrong. Not one time was a name called out from the opposers. We didn't call gay people any bad names, didn't call the people that are supporters names any names. In fact many said they had friends that were gay but didn't condone the lifestyle. Thats like saying you have friends that drink/smoke but don't approve of it. Its a lifestyle choice either way.

Its just not here, its everywhere, schools, churches, workplaces. If you say your a Christian and don't believe in something, you will be flamed. Thats just how it is.

So yes, I may not believe in homosexuality/gay marriage and it may not affect me by practicing means but when I'm asked my opinion and give it, automatically I'm wrong, so yes it does affect me.

100% agree

It does affect a great deal. Again, I don't expect non believers to understand, but I have a 2yr old and I feel threaten by the world, I am not trying to sound dramatic or making things bigger than they are, but that is how I feel. I've been having conversations with my husband that years ago , when I was not a mom, I would not even dream of having. I am concerned about schools, what they will teach my child that goes against my beliefs, I constantly think about homeschooling because private school is to expensive for me. I know that the battle I have is far greater that the one my parents had, because now everything is accepted and I know that by the time my child is a teenager this is going to be the new normal. After that something else is going to pass, someone else is going to say "I want equal rights" and the battle of acceptance will keep going. This is not about calling gay people names, or saying they are bad or hated by God, that is just not true. This is about having the world around me calling my God a liar and the battle that I would have if I send my child to school and they tell him something there and I say the contrary based on what I believe God wants, someone would be lying to my child, me or the system?

I am pretty sure that the person that opened this thread did not have this in mind, but people, please understand, if you want to know the "why's", it is true you don't have to accept it, but you don't have to be rude about it either. The fact that some of us decided to say why or give answer to some questions is not going to change no ones life, they are going to get married, they are going to adopt, it is going to happen. We on the other hand, have to try to keep our family values intact against a changing world that denies God each day more and more and that calls his people haters, liars, hypocrites and even say they are disgusted by us.