View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 06:55 AM 11-01-2017
As I read your post I was a little confused as I was trying to picture the setup and reasoning for doing things a certain way. I assume you are in a center, not your home. I will also assume you are required to take all 5 children with you when you enter the diaper changing room. And since you mentioned having to transport supplies back and forth, I'm going to assume you share this diaper changing room with others and that's why the supplies have to be carried back and forth. Based off those assumptions, I have the following suggestions:
-Get yourself a nice caddy. Use it to hold all your supplies for diaper changing for each day. This way, going from room to room with supplies will be as simple as grabbing the caddy and you won't have to waste time collecting everything.
-Stop moving mini high chairs back and forth. I assume this is so the kids have somewhere to sit while they wait as you change diapers on the other kids. Instead of the high chairs, get a yoga mat. Keep it by your caddy and let the kids sit on this as they wait their turn for the diaper change. Tell them it's a magic carpet ride and maybe make up a song or game that can be verbally played to entertain them while they wait. This will save you so much time not having to move holding contraptions back and forth.
-I'd work on increasing your diaper changing speed. 5 minutes for each child may be a bit slower than you want to aim for, especially assuming not every child's diaper will really even be wet/dirty after an hour. Obviously some will take 5 minutes but not all of them will.