Thread: Outdoor Toys
View Single Post
Jo123ABC 11:54 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I want to redo my outdoor toys I feel like the kids get "bored" with the typical toys I have. Here is what I have a playhouse that the kids love, different bikes/cars, sidewalk chalk, a variety of water play (different tables), rock climbing wall(little tikes) slide, bubbles, bubble mower. They just seem to get bored after awhile. I really want to get some new different stuff.
I was thinking of some sort of car track built out of something, like on wood, I think the kids would love that.
What else do you have? Oh my age group is mostly 2-5 but I also have a 8 yr old in summer.
My kiddos LOVE the water table. They use it to cook... mixing water with sand and leaves, etc. (Messy but I am a farm kid so I sort of encourage messy play outside). We also have one of those dome style climbers that looks like a bunch of triangles put together. They really use their imagination with it. Sometimes it's a house, sometimes a mountain, etc. This winter they broke chunks of compacted snow (with the help of my husband) and started using it as a foundation for an igloo. My playground has a huge sandbox so we have a bunch of digging tools, molding tools, trucks, and cookware. The play house has a kitchen so cooking is a big thing here!

So, to sum it up, favorite outside stuff is: play house, sandbox, dome climber, cookware, and water table