View Single Post
kidkair 11:48 AM 12-06-2010
I teach them. I don't play with them. They may think otherwise but when I'm doing things with them it's to teach them something. Such as doing the crab walk. They think I'm playing with them where I think I'm teaching them a new skill. I let them play together most of the time and teach intermittently or during our curriculum time. I have a very active curriculum time so that everyone is up on their feet most of the time. I also have gotten into having one on one time with each child in our craft area. We do reading words and number recognition one on one and them just talk or color for a little bit before it's the next kid's turn. I do this so that they each get time with me and so that they learn how to use the craft area nicely. When I let them have open access to it the room became a mess that none of them wanted to clean up. I hope someday to give them open access again once they all understand how to clean up after themselves and use the materials appropriately rather than purposely making a mess. I wish I had a room that I didn't have to walk through daily. If I did then I could just let them have a messy room with tons of craft stuff everywhere.