View Single Post
Josiegirl 09:49 AM 04-11-2017
You said another parent witnessed giving their child a 'pow wow' before putting them in the corner? Not sure what you mean by a pow wow but even just placing a child in a corner these days, is old school type of discipline. Even using time outs have pretty much become old school to most. They don't work, kids really don't sit there thinking about what they've done and what they should do instead but about how not to get caught or maybe even creating plans in their little minds with narrow blinders, about getting even.
It sounds like your provider has gotten to the frustrated, I can't do this anymore, stage of the game. Three little ones can be downright hard to have together. Jealousy can be a huge factor of course!! And as bad as a young child hitting an adult seems, I've had it happen to me. I say it does happen. I've been doing this 35 years. Kids bite you, hit you, spit at you, throw stuff at you. That does not mean you kick them out or refuse to work with them. That does not mean it's normal, or appropriate BUT until they learn better coping skills, it's what they know. In our view point, It does show disrespect but truthfully, how many kids that are 21 months old know what respect is yet? Kids get angry, upset, are strong-willed, and instead of calming themselves down and have an adult type conversation with the adult victim, they will strike out to the nearest person. Kids get mad. They take it out on someone. 21 months old?? Hardly out of babyhood. But you cannot make a provider deal with issues the same way you would like to see happen.

Do you know what the state requirements are in R.I. for child care? I'm simply asking because it sounds to me like it might benefit you and your little one, to keep her home with you until she's a little bit older. You could care for children, legally unlicensed(IF it's allowed in your state), even just 2 dcks might equal what you're bringing home now. Just a thought, I truly don't know. But it could be a temporary solution to your problem.