View Single Post
CityGarden 10:52 AM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Unfortunately, I don't see another option at this time.

Your daughter is telling you that mixed age care is not for her. That is ok. There are as many types of daycare as there are many types of children.

Your daughter will most likely greatly benefit from being in a larger group of same aged children, instead.

A change of environment is exactly what I'd recommend to you as your provider in this scenario. I have been in business, successfully, 23 years, now. It is not you, it is not the provider, it is simply the environment and mismatched needs.

RIWorkingMom - I do feel Catherder gave you a really honest response, with a possible solution. Your child is trying to communicate her needs and part of our responsibility as parents is responding to those needs.

Realizing a place may no longer be the right fit is not something to be ashamed of or defensive about. Imagine what a gift it will be for your daughter for you to hear her and respond to her needs.

There are home-based programs that are 2+, I run one and love it! Due to my program being home-based it is multi-age (2-5 years) which I don't mind in small numbers however I also see the value in classes by age range and my own dd thrived in that setting (2s class, 3s class, etc.) My program offers so many enrichment activities built in that I know I could not do while also caring for infants.