View Single Post
AnythingsPossible 12:53 PM 02-18-2011
I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear that their are other providers whose children say the same things mine do!

They all tell me occasionally that they wish I didn't do daycare, but I have also watched them play with the littles, get huge hugs and smile when some of them walk in. So like me, I think there are things about it that they love and things that they don't.

What I have decided to do for myself and family is drastically cut back on the amount of kids that I watch. Today I have 9 kids here. I am licensed for 10. Next year, I want to have my main group at 5, with an occasional part time if needed. It's not going to solve everything, but i will definitely have more time to give my kids attention if i only have 5 here instead of 10 when school gets out.

I have asked my 9 year old if she would rather come home to an empty house and she seems to think that would be great. I think the novelty of that would soon wear off! She does the same thing after school, walks in the door gets a snack then goes upstairs. I usually don't see her till everyone is gone! My 12 year old usually hangs out for awhile and my 14 year old always has after school activities so he gets home when they are gone!