View Single Post
Laurel 01:00 PM 08-11-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
In some states you can't. In fact, I know one home provider who rented a house from her sister-in-law (who is also her assistant) and her family stays in her daycare home during the week and on weekends they go to the home they bought, because you have to live in the home you do daycare in here- and apparently that means you have to stay the night there a percentage of the week or month (you never know if they will ask your neighbors to verify you live there).

I also know a local woman who started off doing home daycare and then bought a house just for daycare, BUT its registered as a center (so she can have more kids), and she also has a BA and director permits.
I have to remember to call because I think it would be against zoning regulations as people in my neighborhood hide their businesses so there must be a reason. One had a hair salon, others have lawn and landscaping businesses, one did sewing alterations and another a First Aid/CPR class business on the side. I read our state laws as far as a child care. An in home childcare is okay but I think it is an 'exemption' granted as you couldn't very well have a 'home' child care without being in a residential neighborhood.

I am curious though as I can't find anything online about it but I didn't look very long either.

Laurel