View Single Post
JJPlaycare 11:37 AM 08-06-2010
Wow, really a gay pride day in PreK?!?! I couldn't even imagine, I still remember my daughters first week of preschool. She came home after only being there for 2 half days and we were eating dinner as a family she looked at me as serious as can be and said "Mom, I want a step mom!" She is going to be entering into Kindergarten this comming fall and I am still having a terrible time teaching her about divorce and answering all of the questions she has about it, due to all of the other girls in her preK class having divorced parents! So with this said, I cannot even fathom trying to teach a bunch of preschoolers about gays and lesbions, come on!!! I teach the kids in my care about being kind and loving to others even if they are different from you! This is what they understand and certainly all they need to understand! The parent simply asked to be notified if the preK was going to have Gay Pride day! With the initial post, we certainly can't make any sort of conclusion stating that they are being judgemental and discriminitory on the parents part! How do any of you even know, maybe the parents and Gays or lesbions and wanted to be notified before hand and that is it! In my opinion the teacher herself was the one to discriminate! If it is the other way around, to each their own and if they would like to be notified before hand of a Gaypride day taking place in a PreK setting, I simply see nothing wrong with this! I do wonder how this is layed out and explained to Preschoolers However! LOL