View Single Post
kidkair 04:14 AM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't know if you are referring to my example but if so, they didn't want me to have ANY Christmas at all. Not just a one day party. They didn't want him in a home that had a Christmas tree, Christmas decorations, Santa stuff, presents... NO Christmas anything that the child could see. The same for any other holiday that was Christian religion based.

Keeping him out of our house for the party we do wasn't the issue. That's one day not an entire Christmas season.

Also... this wasn't terminating a kid. The kid did not ever attend my day care. I didn't TAKE the kid because I wasn't going to rob my kid and the day care kids of OUR belief to celebrate religious holidays as much and as openly as we do. I'm not going to not have a Christmas Tree, presents out etc. for a day care family. I'm not going to miss out on having Christmas music during the season. I'm not going to stop making Christmas treats and cookies for the kids and their families.

We love all the holidays but Christmas is tops. It's my favorite time of the year and I just don't want it to be a decision the day care parents can affect in ANY way. My parents love how we love Christmas. They are right in it and are very happy to see the tree, presents, treats and party.

I won't give that up for a potential client. I don't care about being politically correct when it comes to my kids childhood and memories. This is my house.
In my daycare I stay far away from inflicting the day care children with my family traditions and religion. I am not here to teach them about religious belief. During the winter we have a Children's Day Celebration. We celebrate that they are the upcoming owners of the world and have discussions on what that might mean. We give the children gifts as a sign of our love for them not because of some overly marketed holiday.