View Single Post
Mom2Two 05:01 PM 03-21-2017
I currently have a rider on our homeowner's policy for up to six children, but our seventh is starting tomorrow so I need to get coverage for up to eight (my license amount), and I also want to up our liability and make sure I have adequate auto coverage since I transport daycare kids.

Here's the email quote I received from our American Family Agent:

"Hi!
Commercial Auto for your Day Care would be $2450 a year
Commercial Policy for the Day Care up to 8 kids $917 a year

A couple of things: If you stay with the six you can stay with your homeowners and I would suggest an Umbrella policy for the liability on the car(s) up to 1 million in coverage for your Home bases business and your auto coverage."

Considering that my current car insurance is $55/month that's a pretty big jump to go to commercial!

I actually ended up signing up with Assure yesterday for eight children with a 500,000/1,000,000 policy, but I'm not really sure what those limits mean. It cost $500 odd dollars.

Also, I emailed them and left a phone message asking about transport, but I haven't received an answer back yet. There was an option on the application with Assure about non-owned vehicle, but I wasn't sure what that means either.

Does anyone have transport coverage with Assure?