Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
daycarediva 09:42 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Today we are supposed to get a big snow storm, and all schools closed last night in anticipation. Wednesday is my lighter day (3 kiddos scheduled) but 2 are teachers kids so they won't be here. My ONE kid has two older SA siblings who will be staying home. They are just *now* deciding what to do with him

I could still be sleeping
Oh my! I made my parents all confirm/deny by 9pm last night.

Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
Dcm comes in this morning telling me that dcb has a flaming red diaper rash. He has never had one before since coming to me last July and didn’t have one when he left my house last night at 5:30. I think, we’ll, no big deal, I’ll just apply extra desitin until it clears up. Nope. It’s actually a big deal. She thinks he might even need to see a doctor. She proceeds to tell me that the only reason he has ever had a diaper rash is when he was given dairy products at 4 weeks old before they knew he had an allergy and sort of implies that I must have given him dairy because she is extra careful not to do that at home. Asks what I’ve fed him lately. This is an 8mth old. All of my infants are only fed what the parents send for them. I never provide anything for infants. I don’t even have them near my toddler when I feed her so it isn’t even possible he accidentally ingested something with dairy. I pause a moment, reply that I’ve only given what she provided for him and point out that perhaps the diaper rash has something to do with the loose bowels he’s had since last night caused by starting a new probiotic yesterday morning. She suddenly says oh, I bet you’re right! Really?? You really thought I gave your child a diaper rash because I gave him dairy when I know he has an allergy?? Anyone can get a diaper rash. Not just those with allergies.

SERIOUSLY! I hate the 'it must be daycare's fault'... thought process!