Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Country Kids 09:31 PM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
I don't care which side of the fence you're on regarding this issue, but it's ludicrous to use the Bible for the basis of an argument.

It outlines many MANY things that 99.9% of Christians don't agree with or abide by.

Drives me nuts when anyone of any religion picks and chooses mere parts to try to make their point while daily they're going against much of what it says themselves.

Let only those without sin cast the first stone.....
I would say your 99.9% is a little high but why not use the Bible for an argument if we believe in it?

How do you know I'm going against much of what it says or even what my believe system is? One, I never said I was perfect but try to do the best in what I was taught and believe in. Two, it was asked it I believe Gays should be married and I gave what I believe in and what my personal opinion is.

Sounds like both were wrong answers of course. Was I shocked-no, expected yes.

The AAP gives what an answer (mans views) and its a right answer. Someone says what the Bible states and its wrong.

I live in a pretty libriel state but its not passing here either. It should tell you that when a state as big as CA doesn't pass it, the people have spoken, they don't want it!

Why do we even have to vote on it and cause such a stir? If its wanted that badly and SO many people want it, why isn't it just made a law? Many things are passed without voters approval, so why not this?